Palmer Family Practice and
Urgent Care Health Care Services
Open seven days a week, 9 a.m. thorugh 7 p.m.Closed: New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Family practitioners specialize in health care for all ages, from newborns to senior citizens. Family practitioners are skilled at managing common medical problems, and are trained to focus on preventive care.
Each child is special to us. We enjoy teaching young ones (and their parents) that "going to the doctor" can be a positive experience. We see each child within their family and each family within the community. We know and use community resources to better the life of each of our young patients.
Teens have special health concerns. Because we take the time to listen, teens are comfortable sharing their concerns with us. We encourage questions about any topic. We support teens in developing healthy lifestyle patterns that will endure throughout their lives.
Each person has unique medical needs and expectations. We tailor the care that we provide to our patients on an individual basis. We are committed to promoting routine health checkups and screening. We believe that preventive health care lowers the occurrence of disease, improves the quality of life and is cost effective.
Urgent Care Services
Urgent Care is available on a walk-in basis or same day appointment.
Please note that we do not treat life-threatening illness (call 911) or complicated injuries (go to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center).
- Acute Illnesses
- Respiratory infections
- Testing for strep throat and influenza
- Minor emergencies and injuries including:
- Sprains and strains
- Sports injuries
- Foreign body removal (including fish hooks)
In addition to Urgent Care, Summit Family Practice in Palmer, Alaska provides a wide range of services including:
Primary Care Services
Primary care visits can be walk-in or scheduled.
All preventive care visits are scheduled in advance.
- Preventive Care Services:
- Well baby and child exams
- Routine exams for teenagers
- Men's and women's annual exams
- Immunizations (child & adult)
- Health counseling
- Screening services, including:
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol and heart disease
- Pap smears (cervical cancer)
- Breast exams
- Prostate exams
- Skin cancer surveillance
- School, day care, sports and camp physicals
- Employment physicals
DOT physicals $125 (no insurance billing)
- Chronic disease management
- Complete physicals
- Treatment of common medical problems such as:
- Depression and anxiety
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Menopause symptoms
- And many others!
- Reminder system for upcoming tests and appointments
- Specialist referrals
- Coordination of care between multiple health care providers
- Minor surgery including :
- Mole removal
- Skin biopsies
- Wart treatment
- Toenail removal
- Foreign body removal
- Other Services
- On-site EKGs and lab draws
(Spring Lab Specials March 21-June 20 every year)